Xtreme Zone LOGO

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Xtreme ROBO Experience

Everybody has the will power to do something and he can succeed also if he is determined. But there should be a good start for that purpose and also a good initiator. Unfortunately I am not that good initiator which I am still trying to improve.
One my great experience in College Life was to take part in ROBOTICS Competition which was a competition between the Robot Cars of different participants from different colleges. It was really amazing and fun to participate in these types of competition. But the initiative was taken by one of my friend called Geetha otherwise it wouldn't had happened.
We were in all a team of four members:
1. Geetha Ramani

2. Mamta Dwivedi

3. Jitesh Gajbe

4. And off course ME.

We started this project when our college was organizing an Inter Technical Competition Festival. It took us one and half day to prepare a perfect and complete Robot Car and we named this Robot Car as "HOODIBABA".
We practised five to six days to make our hands comfortable for driving the Robot Car. We also learned some tips and tricks to fasten the speed around the turnings which actually proved very much beneficial in the matches.
It was decided that I would run the Robot Car in the competition not because I was the best but my friends had faith and confidence in me. Geetha and Mamta were great moral booster for me without which I could not have done so well. Jitesh, a great guy who was always there to support me. If I was the one who drived the car to winning position then my friends were the one who always first sortted out opponents weakness and planned the strategy. And this is what I call a great Team Work.
The first competition in which we took part was in our college, so we had a great support behind us. The competition was also a very good start for us in this track. We took part in two Competition in our college and stood third in both the competition, so we were pretty happy with our performances.
In all we participated in five tounaments in College life. Out of five, we stood first in 3 Elimination rounds with an outstanding records. we stood third in three tournaments and stood first in one tournament in all. The tournament in which we stood first was in RAIT college and the name of the competition was ROBO GOLF (sort of playing Golf).
I don't have any picture of my Robot Car but I can surely say that it was one of the best Robot Car around different colleges and off course the best one in our College. It was a thrilling and amazing experience which we had together and shared. I still remember those moments when we won the First Prize at RAIT College organized by CSI (Computer Society of India).

H O O D I B A B A !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home